Krypton Installation - How to Import Demo Content
If you are starting a fresh site, importing the demo content will help you understand how the theme demo is built. The Demo Import feature will import the contents (posts, pages, comments, etc.), settings, menus, and widgets setup from our demo to your site.
Importing demo data allow you to quickly edit everything instead of creating content from scratch. It is recommended to upload sample data on a fresh WordPress install to prevent conflicts with your current content. You can use this plugin to reset your site if needed: WordPress Database Reset
It should be noted that Images are not included in the download file. The online sample images belong to their respective owners and are only used for demo purposes.
There are several steps to import demo content, i.e.:
1) Import the Demo Content.
2) Import the Smart Slider Content (including slider download link).
2) Update the Footer page.
We will explain each step in more detail as follows
1) How to import the demo content:
- Please activate the parent theme. The demo import process will not work when using a child theme, you can activate the child theme after the demo import process is complete.
- Go to WP Admin > Appearance > Vast Demo Import.
- Click on the Import button from one of the templates you want to import (Note that the featured images maybe will be replaced with dummy images for copyright reasons)
- A popup will appear, make sure you've reset the contents of your site because if you haven't it will look bad after you've imported a template. Click on the "Yes, Import!" button when you're ready to import
2) How Import the Smart Slider content:
- Slider(s) must be imported manually. Find the .ss3 files in the following folder Krypton Package > demo import files > [krypton demo] > [krypton demo]sliders.zip (Unzip the file before importing)
- import the .ss3 file one by one according to the demo selected
- Copy one of the available Shortcodes
- Paste the Shortcode on the desired page
- You can also download demo content sliders from the following link -> Krypton Finance Slider
3) Update the Footer page
On several occasions, the Footer display is not as it should be. All you need to do is open the Footer page and update it to get the results according to the demo