Installation - Demo Importer
If you are starting a fresh site, importing the demo content will help you understand how the theme demo is built. The Demo Import feature will import the contents (posts, pages, comments, etc.), Vast settings, menus, and widgets setup from our demo to your site.
Importing demo data allow you to quickly edit everything instead of creating content from scratch. It is recommended uploading sample data on a fresh WordPress install to prevent conflicts with your current content. You can use this plugin to reset your site if needed: WordPress Database Reset
To import the demo setup for Vast Theme you need to install the Vast Demo Importer plugin. When you download the zip files from our site you will find a zip file called vastdemoimport.zip, you can go to Plugins > Add New menu from your WordPress Dashboard and then click on the Upload Plugin button
To import the demo setup vast:
- Go to WP Admin > Appearance > Vast Demo Import.
- Note that the featured images maybe will be replaced with an dummy image for copyright reasons.
- Click on the Import button from one of the template you want to import
- A popup will appear, make sure you've reset the contents of your site. Because if you haven't it will look bad after you've imported a template.
- Click on the Yes, Import button when you're ready to import
- After the installation finished you can check out your front page of the site!