Cleanco Upgrade process from version 2.0 to 3.0
Cleanco version 3 was developed with a new framework and completely different from the previous version. Thus Cleanco version 3 is not compatible with previous versions and it does not support theme updates on the WordPress dashboard.
These are the steps you need to do to upgrade Cleanco version 2 to version 3 (manually)
- Back up all of your Cleanco 2 sites so that if there is a failure in the upgrade process, your data is still safe. If something unexpected happens, the website can be restored. You can use additional plugins to make backups easier.
- Upgrade via FTP - Upload the cleanco 3 themes to the following directory \wp-content\themes\ (It is recommended that you delete the Cleanco version 2.0 or rename it before uploading the Cleanco version 3.0)
- Install and activate plugins for Cleanco 3.
- Import Essential Grid Skins.
- Import QuadMenu Options from the .json file
Fixing Menu by removing invalid menu items.
Fixing Footer by updating the Footer page.