H&D Installation - How to Import Demo Content
If you are starting a fresh site, importing the demo content will help you understand how the theme demo is built. The Demo Import feature will import the contents (posts, pages, comments, etc.), H&D settings, menus, and widgets setup from our demo to your site.
Importing demo data allow you to quickly edit everything instead of creating content from scratch. It is recommended uploading sample data on a fresh WordPress install to prevent conflicts with your current content. You can use this plugin to reset your site if needed: WordPress Database Reset
It should be noted that Images are not included in the download file. The online sample images belong to their respective owners and are only used for demo purposes. However, you can get the images at http://www.shutterstock.com/photos
There are several steps to import demo content, i.e.
- Import the Demo Content.
- Import the QuadMenu Options (under certain conditions).
- Import Essential Grid (under certain conditions).
- Update the Footer page (under certain conditions).
We will explain each step in more detail as follows
1) How to import the demo content :
- Please activate the parent theme. The demo import process will not work when using a child theme, you can activate the child theme after the demo import process is complete.
- Go to
WP Admin> Appearance > Vast Demo Import.
- Click on the Import button from one of the
templatesyou want to import (Note that the featured images maybe will be replaced with dummy images for copyright reasons)
- A popup will appear, make sure you've reset the contents of your site because if you haven't it will look bad after you've imported a template. Click on the "Yes, Import!" button when you're ready to import
2) How to import the QuadMenu Options:
Since the theme version 2.0.1 was released, the QuadMenu option has been able to be imported automatically. So the following steps only need to be done if the QuadMenu option is not successfully imported automatically. However, under certain conditions, you need to open the QuadMenu Options page so that the menu options are loaded properly.
- Find json files in the following folder HND Package > demo import files > [hnd demo] > quadmenu.json
- Open json files with a text editor or notepad application then select all text then copy
- Then paste them in QuadMenu Options and then import
On the theme version 2.0.1 or newer you only have to open QuadMenu Options to make the style menu loads properly.
3) How to import Essential Grid:
Since the theme version 2.0.1 was released, the Essential Grid has been able to be imported automatically. So the following steps only need to be done if the Essential Grid is not successfully imported automatically.
- Go to Ess. Grid > Import/Export, then select the ess_grid.json file in the following folder HND Package > demo import files > [hnd demo] > essgrid.json
- Click the Import Selected Data button
4) Update the Footer page
On several occasions, the Footer display is not as it should be. All you need to do is open the Footer page and update it to get the results according to the demo.
Since the theme version 2.0.1 was released, the Footer page has been set to use widgets by selecting the KC Section page instead of the page. This documentation applies only to those who choose to use the Footer from the page.
How to edit the Footer section in the KC Section Manager and how to set it as a Footer in the Widget will be explained in another documentation topic.
- For those who want to import the slider template manually, the revolution slider file (zip) can be found in the package that you have downloaded from Themeforest in the following directory HND Package > demo import files > [hnd demo] > home_slider.zip