H&D Upgrade process from version 1.x to 2.0
H&D version 2 was developed with a new framework and completely different from the previous version. Thus H&D version 2 is not compatible with previous versions and it does not support theme updates on the WordPress dashboard.
These are the steps you need to do to upgrade H&D version 1.x to version 2.0 (manually)
- Back up all of your H&D 1.x sites so that if there is a failure in the upgrade process, your data is still safe. If something unexpected happens, the website can be restored. You can use additional plugins to make backups easier.
- Upgrade via FTP - Upload the H&D 2.0 themes to the following directory \wp-content\themes\
- Install and activate plugins for H&D 2.0.
- Import the Demo content
- Import QuadMenu Options from the .json file
- Import Essential Grid Skins.
Fixing Footer by updating the Footer page.