Billio Installation - How to Import Demo Content
If you are starting a fresh site, importing the demo content will help you understand how the theme demo is built. The Demo Import feature will import the contents (posts, pages, comments, etc.), settings, menus, and widgets setup from our demo to your site.
Importing demo data allow you to quickly edit everything instead of creating content from scratch. It is recommended uploading sample data on a fresh WordPress install to prevent conflicts with your current content. You can use this plugin to reset your site if needed: WordPress Database Reset
It should be noted that Images are not included in the download file. The online sample images belong to their respective owners and are only used for demo purposes. However, you can get the images at http://www.shutterstock.com/photos
There are several steps to import demo content, i.e.
- Import the Demo Content.
- Import Essential Grid.
- Update the Footer page.
We will explain each step in more detail as follows
1) How to import the demo content :
- Go to
WP Admin> Appearance > Vast Demo Import.
- Before starting importing demo content, make sure all the required plugins are activated. Click on the Import button from one of the
templatesyou want to import (Note that the featured images maybe will be replaced with dummy images for copyright reasons)
- A popup will appear, make sure you've reset the contents of your site because if you haven't it will look bad after you've imported a template. Click on the "Yes, Import!" button when you're ready to import
2) How to import Essential Grid:
- Go to Ess. Grid > Import/Export, then select the ess_grid.json file in the following folder Billio Package > demo import files > [billio demo] > ess_grid.json
- click the Import Selected Data button
3) Update the Footer page
On several occasions, the Footer display is not as it should be. All you need to do is open the Footer page and update it to get the results according to the demo.
- For those who want to import the slider template manually, the revolution slider file (zip) can be found in the package that you have downloaded from Themeforest in the following directory Billio Package > demo import files > [billio demo]